If you wish to apply for naturalization, Attorney Ronald J. Shook can help you to overcome any problems or complications that you might face, and to submit your application and get it approved as quickly as possible. Our office has handled many naturalization applications, and we have the experience to process your application quickly, efficiently, and correctly.
In order to obtain U.S. Citizenship by Naturalization, you must:
- Be a Lawful Permanent Resident (have your green card);
- Be 18 years old or older;
- Continuously live in the United States for a period of 3 to 5 years depending on how you obtained your green card;
- Have lived for at least 3 months in the State where the application is filed;
- Be physically present in the U.S. for at least one half of the time that you have had your green card;
- Live continuously in the U.S. from the date of filing until your admission as a citizen;
- Be a person of good moral character;
- Be attached to the principles of the U.S. Constitution, and well disposed to the good order and happiness of the U.S.;
- Be willing to bear arms on behalf of the U.S., perform non-combatant services, or perform work of national importance;
- Not be a subversive, a member the communist party, be currently in removal proceedings, or have an order of deportation;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the English language, U.S. History, and Government; and
- Take an oath of allegiance to the United States.