Defending your rights
Assault charges often result from a misunderstanding. Consider the following examples:
- A fan leaving a Carolina Panthers game pushes his way to the street and is arrested for being intoxicated and disruptive or assault/affray.
- A patron in a bar fight elbows someone approaching from the rear — not knowing that it is a responding police officer — and is charged with assault on a police officer or resisting arrest.
- A marital argument escalates until domestic assault charges (like assault on a female) are filed.
- The “loser” in a fight at a NASCAR race at Lowe’s Motor Speedway files charges against the “winner.”
- A person trying to break up a fight may appear to be a participant and then be charged.
- A suspect who is confused and unfamiliar with the arrest process may be improperly charged with resisting arrest.
- A person strikes another in self-defense.
At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Shook in Gastonia, we provide powerful representation to clients charged with assault and violent crimes, including:
- Resisting arrest, resisting, obstructing or delaying an officer, assault on a police officer (or assault on a law enforcement officer)
- Domestic assault
- Communicating threats
- Sexual assault
- Harassing telephone calls
- Child abuse
- Assault with a deadly weapon
Call 704-671-2390 or email our Gastonia office to schedule a consultation about assault charges and possible defense strategies.
Reasonable Fees ▪ Payment Plans ▪ Credit Cards Accepted ▪ Se Habla Español