Driving while impaired (DWI) in North Carolina is a serious charge. Failing field sobriety tests and/or exceeding the .08 North Carolina legal limit in a breath or blood test may result in harsh and lifelong consequences.
6 major consequences of a North Carolina DWI conviction
Depending on your circumstances, you could face any of these handful of consequences as a result of your DWI:
- Driver’s license suspension or revocation
- Jail time
- Increased auto insurance premiums
- Ignition interlock device installation
- Alcohol abuse assessment and treatment
A drunk driving conviction will also appear on your criminal record where potential employers or landlords can see it.
Experience handling all types of DWI charges
At the Law Offices of Ronald J. Shook, serving Gastonia and Charlotte, North Carolina, we defend the rights of those accused of DWI and related matters.
Ronald Shook is an experienced criminal defense attorney and can handle drunk driving defense cases for those in Gaston, Mecklenburg, and surrounding counties.
He often handles situations involving:
Defenses to your DWI blood test
Police may have asked or even forced you to submit a blood sample. Unfortunately, a court order or search warrant may not be needed in special instances. However, you have constitutional rights. Your results could be suppressed if there was:
- No reasonable suspicion to stop you in the first place
- Improprieties in the establishment or management of any DWI roadblock or checkpoint
- Unacceptable delay in analysis of your blood
- Improper procedures followed in requesting, compelling, collecting, storing, processing and analyzing the blood sample
- Improper authorization by a neutral and detached judicial official
Contact our office
If you are facing driving while impaired charges, call our defense attorneys to find out what we can do to help. Call 704-671-2390 or contact us online.
Reasonable Fees. Payment Plans. Credit Cards Accepted. Se Habla Espanol. Located Near Gastonia Jail And Courthouse.