The following groups of people are eligible for Family based immigration visas:
- Immediate relatives, spouses or minor children of U.S. citizens
- Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens
- Spouses and unmarried children (under 21) of lawful permanent residents
- Unmarried sons and daughters (over 21) of lawful permanent residents
- Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, their spouses and children
- Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens aged 21 and older, and their spouses and children.